Official Contest Rules
NO DONATION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION OR PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN TO PARTICIPANTS WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND U. S. TERRITORIES. ENTRANTS MUST BE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and U. S. Territories who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Detroit Educational Television Foundation and the immediate family members of each such person (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and grandchild) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion) are not eligible to participate or win a prize.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins on the announced contest launch date at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), unless otherwise specified and ends on the officially designated ending date at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The website server is the official clock for this Promotion.
- TO ENTER: View individual contest for specific entry requirements.
- SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: The winner of the prize will be determined on or about the official contest ending date.
- PRIZES: View individual contest for specific entry requirements.
- PRIZE REDEPTION: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their prize. We reserve the right to request information for tax reporting. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference in value between the fair market value stated herein and value at time of prize notification will not be awarded. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. If any potential winner does not respond within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, or if any winner rejects his/her prize, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Prizes will be mailed out to the winners to the address provided during prize notification within 1 to 2 weeks of the end of the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in the Promotion, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Promotion: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the website. Sponsor are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Promotion, use of the website or the download of any information from the website. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor or dependent) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Promotion and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting the prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
- SPONSOR: Detroit Educational Television Foundation, 1 Clover Court, Wixom, MI 48393.
Thank you for considering allowing us to publish your content. We’ve developed these User-Generated Content Terms and Conditions (“UGC Terms”) to ensure that you know exactly how we intend to use your content. You may also wish to review our website Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice, which may also apply to your interaction with us.
AGREEMENT TO ALLOW USE OF YOUR UGC
You may create and submit original content (“UGC”) for publication on a website owned and/or operated by Detroit Educational Television Foundation/Detroit Public Media ( “Company,” “we,” or “us”) or our affiliates, or on a third-party website (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), and that UGC may be used by Company, our affiliates, and/or our agents as described in these UGC terms. When we refer to “UGC,” it includes any photographs, videos and/or other materials included in your content, as well as your name, likeness, image, statements, opinions, user name, social media handle, avatar (if applicable), or other identifier utilized by a website or social media platform. By replying “Y”, “#YES,” or “YES” or otherwise indicating affirmative agreement to such a request, you understand and agree that you are subject to these UGC Terms.
You hereby grant to Company, our affiliates, and Company’s and our affiliates’ licensees, successors, agents and assigns (collectively “Licensees”), the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to reproduce, modify, publish, display, distribute and/or otherwise use your UGC in any manner, in whole or in part, whether or not distorted in character or form, either alone or accompanied by other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, including but not limited to Licensees’ websites and social media pages (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Company websites), worldwide, in perpetuity, for any legal purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to advertising, publicity and marketing of Company and/or its or its affiliates’ products and services. This right to use your UGC also includes the right to change, edit and/or modify your UGC and any element and/or component thereof in any way without your permission or approval. You waive any right to inspect or approve use of UGC as described in these UGC Terms. You agree that all right, title and interest in and to the finished product in which your UGC may appear, including the copyrights therein, shall vest exclusively in Company. We have no obligation to utilize your UGC, and we, in our sole discretion, may remove or refuse to post your UGC (to the extent within our control). We will make commercially reasonable efforts to recognize you for your content and provide a link back to your content or account, but we are not obligated to do so (and your permission for us to use your UGC is not dependent upon such recognition). You agree that Company does not owe you any compensation, payment, or royalties in connection with your UGC.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND RELEASE
You acknowledge that you bear responsibility for your UGC, that your UGC is public and not confidential, and that no Licensee will be liable for your UGC. Therefore, you hereby agree to release, hold harmless and not assert any claim of any nature whatsoever against anyone relating to the exercise of the permissions granted pursuant to these UGC Terms, including, but not limited to, any claim of copyright infringement, libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity or any other right, and you waive all claims against Licensees and will indemnify them from any and all claims arising out of your breach or alleged breach of any of the above representations and/or warranties.
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
Even if we do not seek to enforce our rights under these UGC Terms, these UGC terms will remain effective unless we agree otherwise in writing. No single waiver will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition. If any provision of these UGC Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, we agree that such provision will be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent possible so that the remaining provisions of these UGC Terms remain in force.